Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 1

Pre-season is done.  Here we go!!!
TEN
Lots of people taking TEN, and for good reason.  Favored by 6.5 at home.  They don't have a ton of games where they will be heavily favored, but there are a few.  I will pass.

CHI
Similar spread to the Titans, but a lot less people taking them.  They only have one other game where they will be a clear favorite, week 6 vs Sea.  Its tough to pass on them here but i think the risk with the new offensive system might outweigh the reward of getting the Bears out of the way.  The Bears win this game probably 2/3 times.  If it wasn't week 1 I would roll the dice.  But I don't want to risk it.

SD
I love this team.  Even without McNeil and Jackson, they should be fine in week 1.  Yes, I thought they would crush the Raiders in Oakland last year on opening Monday night, and they barely squeaked out a win.  My issue with taking them this week is that they will have plenty more games of being a heavy favorite.  I am saving them.

NYG
As a Giants fan, I am really nervous about this game.  But, being 4th on the OFP list, and still a 7 point favorite makes them a solid pick.

MIA
I think people are picking more against Buffalo than for Miami.  I hate doing that, especially for division games.

ARI
The whole QB thing makes me nervous with ARI.  I trust their coaches to keep them competitive in a really weak division.  The Rams have looked decent in pre-season, but they went 3-1 in pre-season last year too.  I feel that if I wait on the Cardinals everyone will have them in week 13 (vs Stl) and I would be forced to take them along with everyone else.  In pool #1, this is my pick UNLESS the line moves because of the QB situation.  If it stays at 4 or 4.5 I will go with it.


---
Sunday Note- The ARI line moved to under 4, so I am taking them off the board.  I am taking the Giants.


OFP



Team
Picks
1
Titans
23.8%
2
Bears
13.7%
3
Chargers
10.4%
4
Giants
9.8%
5
Dolphins
6.2%
6
Cardinals
5.6%
7
Patriots
4.5%
8
Saints
3.1%
9
49ers
2.8%
10
Buccaneers
2.6%
11
Colts
2.6%
12
Cowboys
2.6%
13
Packers
2.2%
14
Steelers
1.2%
15
Jaguars
1.1%

No comments:

Post a Comment